Sunday, September 6, 2009

Gavin is 4 months (plus)!


sorry again, mom, for the magic marker!
HOLY COW! Time is going by so much faster with Gavin... I remember wanting Brody to grow up quick just to fit in a certain outfit (first time mom thing, i know!). Now that I know how fast he'll grow I'm trying to keep him little for as long as possible... nothing works! He still seems to grow out of his clothes overnight and doing new tricks every day. We are loving every minute of him. He is the happiest little baby... doesn't cry unless he really needs something, such as: something to eat (that's reasonable!).

I took him to his 4 month appointment this week. Here are his stats:

9/2/09 - 4 month check-up
weight: 14 lbs 6 oz (50%)
length: 25 in. (50%)
head circ: 16.1 in (25%)

His doctor says he's doing great! He told me I could give him some rice cereal before bed to help him sleep a little longer. He had been waking up about 3 times a night... Since his app he's been up only once! I haven't started the cereal since he's doing better, I'd rather wait as long as possible on giving him any food. (well, closer to 6 months!).
Gavin is almost rolling over from his back to his stomach! He gets completely on one side and just lays there. I've been giving him some stuffed animal toys that play music and he grabs onto them, eats them, and rolls onto his side with them. It's hilarious- mainly because they're all just about the same size as he is!

He loves to laugh and he smiles at EVERYONE! He absolutely loves his big brother and daddy (he just stares at Bobby whenever he's within seeing distance.) He loves mommy, too! He tells me all day long! We love our baby boy/brother and are so grateful he's a part of our family!

No comments: