Friday, October 23, 2009

Potty-trained... again, but for good!

Last Monday Brody woke up and took off his diaper. I didn't feel like putting another one on, so I just let him roam naked... what? you don't do that?

After about an hour, he came to me and said, "pee pee on the potty". Surprised, I took him into the bathroom and sure enough, he peed!

(A little background on potty-training in our house): I leave Brody undressed and take him to the toilet every 15 minutes or so. I stay at home for that whole day and that's usually all it takes. As soon as I put underwear on him, he would pee once, notice he got wet, and most likely not do it again. I have gone thru this process about 4 or 5 times in the last 5 months. I started training just after he turned two. So... after all of those failing attempts, I decided I would just wait it out a little bit longer, but what do you know? It corrected itself! He remembered the process and has been doing great!

Anyway, he loves to go pee pee on the potty "like daddy" (standing up). He's actually pretty good at making it into the toilet! He had a harder time going poop... for this reason, we bribed him with a FIRE TRUCK! As you can see from the picture, he got it! We are so proud of him! (In order for us to get him to poop we told him there was a "snake" in his belly that needed to come out. Now, whenever he has to go, he says "I need to poop a snake" haha! My cousin used this trick on her son, and sure enough, it worked!)

No comments: