Monday, July 26, 2010

Seriously...

we're not racist (one of my BFF's is black, well brown, but you get the point!)

Today at Arden B (clothing store) a black girl was ringing up my clothes and talking to Brody:

Girl: How old are you?
Brody: (holds up 3 fingers)
Girl: you're 3?! wow!
Brody: (shakes his head yes)
Me: Can you tell her your name?
Brody: (shakes his head no)
Me: :) Tell her your name, silly!
Brody: No! She looks too dark!

Luckily this nice girl didn't take offense to my 3 year olds comment, she thought it was pretty funny! I talk about wanting to be dark alot- especially during the summer, so I think that's where he came up with that idea! My bad!

2 comments:

Amy said...

oh no! How embarassing is that! I'm so glad she was ok with it.

Unknown said...

That is too funny! I am always afraid that Eli will say something like that, I can always tell he is looking and thinking something but luckily he hasn't said anything yet....:)