It's been cold and rainy here lately, so I decided to make some bacon, corn chowder. (I found the recipe online) I though it sounded good, and Bobby loves bacon and corn, so I thought "what the heck?" and tried it! The recipe makes sooo much darn chowder and it wasn't even that great. What's up with that? We had bread bowls and everything! If you ate with your eyes it would have beem delicious, because it sure looked appetizing. Oh well! I guess I'll have to try another recipe some other time!
Brody just turned 7 months on Sunday. I can't even believe it! Time has gone by so fast. He's getting so big, and pulling himself onto EVERYTHING. Yesterday he held onto the vent on the wall and was standing against the wall. It was pretty funny. Oh! The funniest thing was last night! We were "trying" to go to sleep, it was 11:00 pm and Brody would not go to sleep, so I just put him in his crib, he was fussing for a little bit, but then stopped. He had been quiet for about 5 minutes (so it seemed) and Bobby said "he must have fallen asleep, huh?" I agreed and went in to check on him. I peeked in his room and he was sitting up just staring at the wall. I was cracking up! He just barely learned how to go from the crawling position to sitting on his butt. (Sunday was his first time!) It's so cute! So, I went into the bedroom and told Bobby to come and see. I know this story doesn't sound very funny, but it totally was! I was expecting Brody to be sound asleep, but instead he was looking at the wall- doing absolutely NOTHING! He's too stinkin' cute!
Wednesday, October 17, 2007
Yucky dinner!
Posted by
Erica
at
10:15 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





6 comments:
He's growing up sooo fast!!!! It's crazy isn't it? I love that stage.
I hate when you spend all the time and effort and the dinner tastes like crap!! I know what you mean about wanting warm yummy dinners in the fall. This is a recipe that my sister-in-law gave me and it's one of our favorites!
Tortilla Soup
1 can chicken broth
2 cans beef broth
1 can water
2 cans diced tomatoes
2 cans corn
1 can black beans
4-5 chicken breast (boiled before and cut up)
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp salt
1 tsp chili powder
2 tbls worchestershiere
1/2 tp tobasco
1 tsp crushed red peppers
Simmer all and add strips:
Flour tortillas brushed with butter/olive oil and salt and sliced
bake 15-20 minutes 350 degrees
Top with shredded cheese, sour cream
It'll warm you right up!! :)
k-so first off, i LOVE your family pix! second, brody is totally showing boston up. Boston can't even fully sit on his own let alone crawl and stand! Man...bos man is being shown up by a kid 1 week younger than him! I think boston enjoys being a baby WAY too much. He REFUSES to hold his own bottle. He holds everything else just fine...but nope. not his bottle. that's my job!
That is so funny! Don't you wonder what they are thinking about when they do stuff like that?
That is so funny! Don't you wonder what they are thinking about when they do stuff like that? Silly boy.
Erica, You're such a good mom and wife. You are going to be very happy someday that you spent time on this blog. Does it save?
Post a Comment