Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Sick Baby :(

Well, Brody was sick this last weekend- and I mean the weekend. He was a little fussy on Friday, but he took a nap and was fine when he woke up, so I didn't think much of it. Saturday morning he woke up and was a little fussy, but the same thing- he took a nap, and woke up fine- it was a 3 hour nap which should have given me a slight clue! So, we went to my sister's house to watch the BYU game and he started to get fussy. We left to run some errands, but throughout the day he was not very happy- he seemed to just be getting worse, and he started to feel warm. I checked his temperature when we got home and he was 100.5*. I gave him some Tylenol to help him feel better and he slept ok that night- he woke up pretty hot so I checked his temp that morning. He was 101.5*. I gave him some more Tylenol and we stayed home from church. The Tylenol kept helping him feel better, and it would help with the fever, but every time his fever came back it was higher. By Sunday night his temperature was 102.5*. He slept with us that night and I took him into the Dr. Monday morning. I thought it might be his ears because he had a little fluid a few weeks before. But, his ears, throat, everything was fine. The Dr. said it was probably a common virus in babies 6 months to 3 years old called Roseola. She said the fever would last about 3-5 days and then he would get a rash once the fever broke. Well, Monday was the 3rd day with his fever and last night he began to get a little rash. This morning it's a little worse. But, at least it doesn't bother him and he's over the worst part. Poor little guy. It's so sad to see your baby sick. Bobby was so sweet to him! I love to see Bobby with Brody- he's the best daddy! On Monday night, when Brody's fever started to break, he was wanting to play a little more (He was totally lethargic and sleeping all day for the whole weekend) so, Bobby was trying to go to sleep, but Brody wanted to play! Bobby played with him (even though he was exhausted) because he was so happy to see Brody feeling better! I love my two boys! They're the best! Here's a picture of Brody's rash- Roseola. (A little hard to see in the pictures- it's just slight red blotchy spots all over his belly.)



(Note: I did read that this is such a common illness in babies/children that most of them will have it by the time they enter Kindergarten. And, once they get it, they are less likely to get it again!!! YEAH!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is Sooo sad! I am glad to hear that Brody is doing better. I can't wait to see that little guy in a few weeks. Hope you and your family have a very Happy Thanksgiving.

Emily

Kevin and Michelle... said...

Hi Bobby and Erica,
This is Bobby's cousin Kevin's wife Michelle. I just started a blog and wanted to send you an invite. Please send me your email address to halfadozenwilkinsons@hotmail.com My kids sure enjoy seeing pictures of their dad's cousins on your blog.

Take Care,

Michelle