Brody will be 10 months in one week! But, he still has a tough time sleeping through the night- and in his own bed. So, since I nurse, and get quite tired during the night, I have been letting Brody sleep with us. Not a good idea! I have always had him sleep in between us, but I would put him on the other side of me every once in a while so he could nurse on the other side. Well, on Friday night, I had him on my right side which is the side next to the edge of the bed and he got a little too close. (Whenever he is on that side, I usually scoot into Bobby, which makes him mad, but it causes Brody to be more in the center of the bed.) I remember thinking that he was too close to the edge, but I fell asleep too fast- Bobby and Brody have both been up coughing all night for the last two weeks... So, at about 5:56 AM (I looked at the clock!) we woke up to a huge THUMP! Brody had fallen off of our bed. I felt soooo bad. I jumped out of bed and picked him up and he was just bawling. POOR LITTLE GUY! Luckily, he had fallen straight onto his back (Not sure how?) But, I know he was being watched over by our Father in Heaven. I feel absolutely blessed. I am so thankful that he is ok! He hit his head on his swing and was fine after a few minutes. What a tough kid! Bobby on the other hand had taken some Comtrex that night (it's a cold medicine and it usually knocks you out and makes you pretty loopy) and he jumped up and was on his knees in bed waving his hands around screaming! It was pretty funny. It took him a while to figure out what had happened. So, this was our little lesson to get Brody in his safe crib. He slept in it ALL NIGHT on Saturday, and slept thru the night again last night, although he was in his swing- not our bed! We'll work on it! He'll be a good little sleeper!
OH! And, Brody got his 2 top teeth last Thursday! So Darn CUTE!
Monday, January 7, 2008
A thump in the night
Posted by
Erica
at
9:51 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
That has happened to me before and don't feel bad about Brody not sleeping all night. Trenton is 2 1/2 and still comes in our bed EVERY night!
Aw Erica. Don't you hate that sick feeling you get when something like that happens you your child?! :( You're a good little mommy. It's such a good thing we have a wonderful Father in Heaven who watches over our little ones when us mommys get a little too tired! :) You're so cute.
Post a Comment