My mom graduated last weekend from UNLV Dental School. WAY TO GO! She has completed the four year program and is now (well- as soon as she receives her license in the next few weeks) a DR! Dr. Jen, DMD! (Although my blog is private, I don't want to put her whole name on this- I still want to be cautious! No offense to any of you!!) CONGRATULATIONS, MOM!
On Thursday, Bobby and I drove down to St. George with my Sister and her Husband. We stayed in the McGuire Family condo that night and then headed down to Vegas on Friday morning. We got to our Hotel (My parent's home is being rented, so we had to find another place to stay this time). We got ready and headed out to my Mom's graduation- JUST Dental School. Afterwards we surprised my Mom with a Dinner party at Macayo's. She opened gifts and we all had a good time! We went back to the Hotel and got up early to go to the UNLV graduation at 9 am. We left after she walked (luckily, she was one of the first!) We all headed to Town Square Las Vegas for a little shopping and some yogurt! My dad went to pick up my mom when the graduation was over and we all met up for In-N-Out Burger! Afterwards we stopped by my grandparents house and then headed back to St. George to go swimming! After the pool we had dinner, watched Juno and had MORE Frozen Yogurt- I'm addicted! :) We got up on Sunday, went to Sacrament Meeting, came home, cleaned up and headed back to good ol' SLC!
It was a FUN trip!
**********************
**********************
My mom is in the process of building an office and will be specializing in Cosmetic and General Dentistry. She is so excited to get things going, so if you need a new dentist, make sure you talk to me! She's AWESOME! I was her board patient, and she did such a great job! She had some "awards" given to her during her last week of school and here they are:
- Most likely to be seen on Extreme Smile Makeover!!
- One of the Top 10 students who brought in the most money (for the school). ** This is because she did so many cosmetic appointments. She did Dentures, Implants, etc. She showed me one set that she did for a guy with 24 K Gold teeth (2). They were awesome, and EXACTLY what HE wanted! :) I bet you'll never guess what color he was! (I'm not racist, BTW).
During her graduation they announced some statistics about the Class of 2008. One thing they mentioned was that there were 1800 applicants and only 64 students. I believe only 22 of those students were women, possibly less. I am SOOO incredibly proud of my Mom! She has worked so hard, and has done such a great job! She is such a great example and a hard worker. She was a Labor and Delivery nurse for 13 years before she decided to go to Dental School. She started her first day of school on my 18th Birthday!
She is also the FIRST DR in her family, and she is one of 11 kids! WOW!
Also, if you are wondering about my Dentist, Dentist title, here's the explanation:
My mom told me that whenever she told people she was in Dental School, they would say: "like ... to be a Dentist, Dentist?" HA! What in the world is a Dentist, Dentist?!
Congratulations, MOM! We're all so proud of you!
Here are some pictures from her graduation:
(She's the HOT BLONDE!)
SO happy school is FINALLY over!
Brody and Grandma!
Evan (my brother- he's single, ladies!) Mom, Me, Brody!
My Mom and Her mom- So Proud!

Bobby being hot- as usual!
Thirst Quencher
Cute shoes!
Eric (Bro. In-law), Mom, DeeDee (SIS), and Braxton

Mom and Evan
Dad and Mom
Dinner Party at Macayo's (A local FAVE)
Is that a Tiffany Blue Box??
YOU BETCHA! Bobby and I got my mom the "J" initial from Tiffany's. My mom got me a Tiffany necklace for my H.S. graduation- so, now, it's a TRADITION!! Isn't she BEAUTIFUL!
Grandpa and the BOYS!
The Family after Church in St. George
The Boys- Brody and Braxton (Just a silly picture!)
CONGRATULATIONS, MOM. WE LOVE YOU!!!!
































8 comments:
Wow, what an amazing woman!! Tell her way to go! Both you & your mom are beautiful, how would it be? seriously!
Congrats Jen! That is something to be so very proud of! Way to go!
What an accomplishment!!! So if I ever need my teeth whitened could I call her up...ha ha... that is way cool.
That is awesome! Tell your mom congrats for me, I will have to tell my mom about that. Your mom is so cute. I wish she lived here, and she could totally be our dentist! your brother is cute, I wish I had some hot single girls for him :)
I'm sosorry that i didn't catch up with you guys. I'm so proud of my Aunt Jenny! she's an amazing woman and I love her to death!
Your mom is so pretty! COngrats to her! Thats so cool about the jewlry
What an exciting accomplishment! COngratulations to your mom! Erica...your hair is out-of-conrol ADORABLE!!
That is amazing!!!! Wow can I tell you how young and beautiful your mom looks and in a SWIM SUIT!! Its depressing for me...please ask her what her secrets are! That honestly is so great that your mom graduated and is now a dentist! Congrats!
Post a Comment