Wednesday, July 9, 2008

It's times like this...

when I just shake my head and think... "how in the world did this happen?"


It also makes me realize that we are constantly watched over and protected- ESPECIALLY our little ones.


Brody is a very active boy and has no fear. He is a little climber and a very flexible, skinny one at that! He has to be strapped into anything and everything possible to prevent him from escaping- or so we thought.


On Tuesday morning (7.8.08) Brody woke up at 7:30 AM. (The morning before, he slept until 11:30- big difference! So, I jumped in his crib with him) (YES! I sleep in his crib sometimes- I'll do another post on that.) but, he didn't want to go back to sleep. I was exhausted so I decided to put him in his swing, that is in our room, and turn on "tartoons" for him to watch. I got in my bed and fell asleep at about 7:45. At 9:00 AM I woke up to Brody standing next to my bed throwing my phone at the wall. I was in SHOCK!!!


How did he get out?! He was completely STRAPPED in the swing. Anyway, I'm not COMPLETELY surprised that he got out of the swing, I've seen him do stuff like that quite a bit. The thing I don't get is how he got out of the swing, onto the floor by HIMSELF, without making a thump, getting hurt, or making a peep. I mean, the swing is not stable, there is no obvious way of how he could have done such a thing... AND it's all still BUCKLED. WOW! My point - is that I am extremely grateful to my Father in Heaven for watching over my baby while I was just trying to get some rest. I am in awe over the whole situation. (Not mad, just thankful for the little miracle!) I'm glad he's so active, but sometimes I wish he was a little more cautious! HA! How do you teach a one year to be CAUTIOUS?!

P.S. he's no longer allowed to be in his swing in our room alone. Thank goodness I shut my bedroom door behind us- or he would have wandered on downstairs alone! Oh boy!!
Brody in his swing (bowing his head)

5 comments:

Sarah said...

I can't believe that. It is amazing how smart these little ones are and how quickly they figure things out! Jackson just learned how to get himself out of the grocery cart straps and then stand up. He tries to do it all of the time now and it makes for a long shopping trip. I am so glad that Brody didn't get hurt or anything. It is prettier scary when you first figure out what happened and realize what could have happened.

the Eggett's said...

So, he is just a little adventurous one huh?

Kelli and Chad said...

Thats crazy!! I have had so many little moments like that, moments when you know Heavenly Father is watching over our little ones. Chad came out of our bedroom the other day, just as Andie was putting her arms down the stairs. After he bolted over to stop her from falling down head first. We both looked at each other and said, it is time for the gate, for sure!!

Mashelle said...

Hey its Jenna Kaholoaa I have a new blog so send me an email to skittlesluvr15@yahoo.com & ill send you an invite

~Paige~ said...

That's the kinda things that im nervous about, Kaiden is getting SO active and into everything. I cant't take my eyes off him for one second! Im glad Brody was safe and had someone looking over him.