Friday, January 2, 2009

Christmas 2008 and New Year's 2009...

Merry Christmas 2008! Love, Brody!
We had a wonderful Christmas! It started way back in September, as always. I like to start listening to Christmas music on my Birthday- bobby doesn't love it that early... I try not to go overboard! I love the Christmas season, but hate to have it gone so quick. I SERIOUSLY wish I could live in Hoo-ville and have it be Christmas ALL YEAR long... minus the cold weather the whole time! I do enjoy all 4 seasons! Well, Christmas Eve Bobby's family does a party where we have dinner- always Chicken Cordon Bleu, Rice Pilaf, Rolls, layered salad, etc... so yummy! Then, we play some games and open gifts. We open gifts from cousins and Parents because most of us are at home Christmas morning doing our own family thing. It's a fun tradition that we look forward to every year!
Opening Presents at Grandma and Grandpa's Christmas Eve
Mommy and Brody- Christmas Eve
When we got home Christmas Eve, we wrapped Brody's presents and waited for SANTA to drop off his presents. He brought Brody great gifts this year! We went to bed around midnight and were up again at 5:45. Brody woke up and came in our room, which woke us up. Bobby and I can't ever sleep on Christmas eve. We are as bad as little kids. Neither of us could go back to sleep, so we decided to go downstairs and open gifts from eachother while Brody was still asleep.


My CUTE NEW PURSE!
Brody's new "Badum"
Playing the Drums- he really is good! I'll post a video sometime!
Bobby's new jacket :)

Bobby got lots of clothes from Santa, as well as some Cologne (Abercrombie!!), a WARM snow jacket, moccasins, socks, Golf balls, and a cd... I got some boots (which I couldn't zip... thanks to pregnancy weight!), Ralph Lauren Perfume!, a cd (we both got eachother the same cd- Taylor Swift. This is the 2nd year we've gotten eachother the same one!) a SUPER CUTE GUESS purse (which I totally love!) and a gift card to Aveda Day Spa! Ahhh... love those Gift cards!
After we opened presents we had some breakfast- a brunch casserole and Cinnamon Rolls, and then waited for Brody to wake up. At about 8:30 we heard him get out of bed. Bobby ran upstairs while I got the video camera. He walked over to the railing and saw his presents sitting out from SANTA! The first thing he noticed was his Vacuum and he said "Badum" the whole way downstairs. He ran over, got his vacuum, and started playing with it. Santa also brought him his very first drum set, which he would hit as he walked by with his vacuum. He was so into his new toy, he wouldn't open A SINGLE PRESENT! Bobby and I took turns opening his other gifts. I guess Santa knew EXACTLY what he wanted! We're glad it's such a hit! (We sometimes have to bring it in the car with us... last week it ended up at my Dr's app!)

After all of our presents were opened we headed to my parent's home to do Christmas with them. All of my step-siblings were there with their spouses and kids, as well as my Brother, Evan, from Las Vegas! (It was fun having him here for the holiday!) We opened presents from my parents and hung out for a little while, then headed home to get Brody a nap. We went back to their house later that afternoon for Christmas dinner. I always enjoy the big Family dinners- It's so nice being with everyone!


Playing on Braxton's new tractor.


Opening presents with Nana

Family photo on Christmas Day. (There's a "belly" pic for you too! 22 weeks on Christmas!)

P.S. It is 100% another BOY! I've had people ask lately, since the last post was only 90%!

***************************

New Year's 2009

We are pretty boring on New Year's around here. I like to play it safe and stay close to home. We went out and got Cafe Rio to go, came home, ate, watched the New Year's shows, and fell asleep! I ended up falling asleep with Brody and missed the ball drop in NY since they are 2 hours ahead. Bobby woke me up, and brought me into our bed, where we watched the guy jump his motorcycle in Vegas. We both ended up falling asleep with the TV and lights on. I woke up around 1:30. Yep, I missed ringing in the new year, too. No ball drop, no kiss at midnight. That's usually how my new year's go while I'm pregnant... I'm just too tired by that time of day/night!
I really need to do some catching up. I want to make my blog into a book every year, so I will be doing some catch up posts soon! We hope everyone had a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS and A HAPPY NEW YEAR!

4 comments:

BECKY said...

Sounds like a fun Christmas! Jason got a guitar, maybe we should start a band!

Unknown said...

I think I fell asleep at like 10:30 on New Years. but I got up to go the bathroom (joys of being pregnant) and wished Brett a happy new year!!! That was about it for us.

Nikki said...

Looks like you had a nice Christmas. We got one of those mini vacuum's for Ashley when she was one (now 7) and it was such a hit...through two kids before it broke! And hey...we have the same rug (blue edge/paisley). So fun! Anyway, happy new year.

Ana Lee said...

Looks like a fun Christmas! LOVE your new purse! Happy New Year :)

I always forget to read your blog because it doesn't have an automatic RSS feed, I have to check it manually! haha, sorry!