Today is my Mom's Birthday! (46 to be exact!) I don't think she'll mind me telling her age, because age has never really mattered to her.. I mean, come on, she's still very young! She looks and acts just as young, too. I am so thankful for her, and couldn't have asked for a better mom. She raised me absolutely PERFECT! (don't you think! :)
Brody and I took her to Breakfast this morning- it was a lot of fun! She kept telling Brody we were going to have a "Birthday Party"... I love that she can turn the 3 of us going to breakfast at 9 am on a Thursday into a Birthday party!! She's so funny and energetic!
Throughout the years, my mom has taught me a lot... some of my favorite things/memories about her are:
- She is a VERY hard worker
- She loves to learn
- She became a DENTIST at the age of 45 AFTER being a Labor and Delivery Nurse for 13 years.
- She always told me "it's nice to be pretty, but more important to be nice" (I heard this a lot during JR. High- you know! The age when girls ONLY care about how they look!)
- She is always supportive
- She is a great example
- Loves to help others
- We went to Laguna Beach for Spring Break during my Senior Year... just the two of us. SHOPPING, Pedicures, Laying on the beach, for one whole week! It was the best!
- She loves Chips and Salsa... while on our Family Cruise 3 years ago, she and I were laying on the beach eating chips and salsa while everyone else was playing in the water... she looked at me and said... "Ahhh, this is the life!"
- She enjoys walking on the treadmill
- her house is ALWAYS clean
- her bed is always made (something I envy!)
- She is such a great Nana! Loves to play with Brody, and he loves her!
- She sang "In my daughter's eyes" by Martina McBride (?) at my wedding dinner. Surprised me with it! I loved it!!
- Flew to Utah numerous times to help with wedding stuff! Dress shopping was the best! And, we did it all in ONE day!
- Always wants to be with her family
- loves getting pedicures
- loves movies and games
- Fun, Loving, Smart, kind, helpful, BEAUTIFUL!, example, Christlike.... the list goes on!
...SHE'S THE BEST!
I love you mom! Thanks for all you do and for being you! I hope you have a wonderful birthday!!
Love, Lil' Miss





3 comments:
what a great mom and an even better example! i love this post!
ok craziest thing...I gave your mom and (i'm guessing step dad?) a pedicure about a month ago. And I thought they were the coolest couple ever! They were both so nice and funny...and I thought it was the coolest thing ever that your mom went back to dental school. And your Dad was hillarious and telling me about his band! I loved them...they were such a fun couple to work on and so nice. For days I would tell people about them and how fun they were!
Small world! I'm so glad I get to read your blog now! Woo Hoo!
Thanks Erica! That is very sweet. Being a mom is and always has been my favorite job! I love you, too.
Post a Comment