Friday, June 5, 2009

I have to get a picture for this post...

But, your imagination will have to do for now.

Brody hasn't been sleeping well (surprised??). For the past week he has been waking up bawling and shaking. I feel so bad for him. He just wants his mommy- which is sweet. :) LOVE HIM! He has pulled at his ears a couple of times lately, nothing too bad, no other symptoms of illness... but I decided to have his ears checked anyway.
I told him we'd go see daddy after we went to the doctor.
When we got to the Dr he kept looking for Bobby and saying "dadda!". I told him that we needed to get his ears checked and then we would go have lunch with daddy. The nurse called us back, we weighed him (28 pounds!) and she put us in a room. 5 minutes later the Dr walked in... we were chatting and I looked at Brody to find him sitting in the chair next to me with BOTH hands over his ears. IT. WAS. HILARIOUS.

I need to take a picture of him with his hands over his ears...I couldn't believe he remembered what I had said 15 minutes prior... and he knew just what was about to happen.

Good news: his ears are fine (I figured) and the Dr says to just keep reassuring him at night. He slept on the floor in our room last night. He actually thought it was pretty fun- and he thought it bounced just like his bed! Nice! We folded a comforter and he went bouncing! Silly kid! (one day he'll realize it was just a hard floor, but for now- I'd prefer that kind of bouncing!)

1 comment:

Nick.Hailey.Kohlson.Beckett said...

Kohlson started having night terrors when he was 2. Maybe thats what Brody is doing. He would wake up all disoriented and screaming and it took awhile to calm him down. It was so sad :( I hope Brody gets better.