Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Swimming...

Just a little story...

Today, I took Brody swimming. We go to our clubhouse where I can just park Gavin in the stroller in some shade and keep an eye on him while in the pool- it works out nicely! Well, today Brody was jumping off of the side of the pool into the water and I'd catch him. We were doing this for quite a while- he was loving it! I put him back on the side of the pool and turned my head to answer a question (some friends were there with us), all of a sudden I felt Brody jump onto my back and his chin hit my head. We were both fine :) he cried because he was a little scared of what had just happened, but no injuries! Anyway, it just reminded me of a story I heard in Institute while at college about a little boy who jumped out of a tree to his dad when his dad wasn't looking. (The dad would play this game with his son, who thought that he could jump at any time and his dad would always catch him.)

It made me realize how Brody thought the same thing as this little boy. Brody put his trust in me and would jump no matter what. He knew I would catch him. Well, needless to say, I DID catch him, although it was on my back! And, I will continue to catch my kids, I hope they can always have that kind of trust in me! I love them so very much!

No comments: