Monday, October 19, 2009

What's new?

Here are some pictures of what we've been up to!


Gavin in his Jumperoo!

one day, while I was cleaning downstairs, I heard Brody say "I'm taking a bath". I went in the bathroom to find this! He had filled the sink and got undressed on his own! Stinker!!

Brody's "rock-star" grandpa took him on stage at one of his gigs! Brody LOVED every minute of it!


Emily and me! (we've been friend's since 5th grade!)



Karli - my BFF since 7th grade.

Brody got a package from the UPS man! He made me open it right away!

His "Halloween costume"- and his BYU football uniform. He's going to be a BYU football player for Halloween. He has been wearing it almost every day since we got it- one of my smartest purchases!

Opening his jersey

McGuire 14!! (that was always Bobby's number when he played sports... plus, it's Brody's birthDAY) :)

"NO WAY!!" (one of Brody's favorite sayings!)

Me, Brody, Karli, Gavin

Take 2

Me and Kar

Brody and Gavin waiting for Nana and Grandpa to pick up Brody for a day at Lagoon!

Ready to go! (He keeps saying "I wanna do again!") Braxton's in the truck, too.

Early present from Santa. I bought this Christmas Present early because it was on sale and I also had a coupon. I hid it in the garage for one day and that night Bobby said "let's just give it to him now!". I said "it's your call"... guess what ended up happening? He got it! And he loves it!

opening his new motorcycle!
first ride!

Daddy putting on the stickers, er, I mean, headlights!

Brothers sharing- how nice!
Brody taking Gavin for a ride :) he didn't like it, but now he does!
Brody's favorite thing to do... kick a football. He usually has someone hold it for him, but he figured out how to twist it into the grass so it would stay. Notice his uniform!

Getting ready to run
here it goes!
We had a fun summer and are loving the fall... not so much the cold weather, but it's a nice change.
Brody loves his baby brother and always goes into his room while he's asleep, ends up waking him up, then yells "baby brother waked up!".
Brody has been playing his sports non-stop. When my friend Karli came into town she looked at my living room and said "there's nothing but balls in here"... it's the truth! I guess that's what happens when you have 2 little boys and 1 big boy! Brody kicks his ball anywhere he can... he even has you hold it if your at a store! He LOVES it! And, he's darn good at it!
Brody talks all the time- some of his favorite words right now are:
"no way!!"
"I not!" (when he's mad)
"PERFECT!"
He is officially potty-trained (for real this time)
He still doesn't sleep well... he ends up in our bed at night. His feet still bother him quite often, he wears orthotics but we just have to wait this out... I guess.
GAVIN: turned 5 months old and:
Can sit up!
Loves to play with Brody
Rolls over from his front to back and back to front.
Scoots around in circles on his belly.
got his FIRST cold :( (pretty mild!)
LOVES his daddy- he LIGHTS up as soon as Bobby walks in the door.
LOVES when Bobby sings to him. If he stops, Gavin looks up at him and fusses until he starts singing again!
When he's hungry, he puts his face in my chest or shoulder and fake coughs. :)
He likes to move his lips like a fish and say "ba ba ba ba"
Our boys are a blast- we love them!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

How cute, Love all the pictures! Fun to see Karli there. That football outfit is absolutely adorable! He will remember that forever.

Amy said...

Brody's little bath is hilarious! I can't believe he did that all by himself. Gavin is getting so big...and sitting up at 5 months, wow.

Erin Spenc said...

I love this post. So much to catch up on. Leah fake coughs when she is hungry too! How silly.

Brandon and Diedre Sloan said...

Your family is so cute! Those pictures are all so fun. I love that football uniform what a great idea! That's so cool that Karli could come visit. I bet you guys had a blast.