Monday, March 22, 2010

Church Lately:

While we were in St. George 2 weeks ago we went to Sacrament meeting at the church by the condo. Right before the opening prayer Brody started ordering Cafe Rio from a Hymn book. He kept saying "rice, beans, tortilla... rice and beans" Bobby told him to be quiet but he kept ordering so Bobby picked him up to take him out. Apparently, Brody wasn't finished ordering so as Bobby was carrying him out he YELLED, "TORTILLAAAAA!!!!". I couldn't help but hide my face and laugh.

Yesterday in Nursery during singing time Brody decided to make up his own song. While singing "popcorn popping" he danced around singing "BYU... BYU". Where do kids come up with this stuff??

Also yesterday: we had a long day on Saturday (3 parties), didn't get to bed until midnight and didn't want to wake the boys up too early so we slept in and went to the 1:00 sacrament meeting. We sat in the very back (it's a HUGE ward) and Brody started to dribble and shoot a fake basketball into the hoop up above him. He then spotted a Lightning McQueen book about 5 rows ahead of us. He made his way over to the lady with the cool book and sat by her to look at it. I went to get him and she said we could take it back with us. After the sacrament I told Brody to take the book back. I watched him as he stood by her still holding the book. I went up to him, took the book, which he then knocked out of my hands, I bent over to pick it up, handed it to the nice lady right as he SMACKED my BUTT! It was so loud and everyone around saw it. I tried not to laugh as I walked back towards Bobby but I noticed he was laughing, too. I asked him if he saw what happened and he told me "no, but i saw that everyone else was laughing!" How nice!

2 comments:

Amy said...

That is hilarious! I can't beleive he slaped your butt. I'm still laughing. I would have been mortified and laughing at the same time. What a cutie.

Brandon and Diedre Sloan said...

Oh my goodness that is so funny! It's so funny how crazy kids can be sometimes. I love that he smacked your butt that is just too funny.