Sunday, June 17, 2012

It's a GIRL!

I am 17 weeks pregnant with baby McGuire #3. We are so excited to be having a baby girl join our family! She is due 11-22-12 - Thanksgiving Day! Isn't that a fun due date? I have had an awesome pregnancy so far- definitely my easiest pregnancy! I got sick the week before I even knew I was pregnant and thought I had caught a bug or something. The test came back positive and the sickness never went away -- until around 11 weeks. At 6 weeks I was worse than I've ever been. My Dr prescribed me some medication but I don't like taking meds - especially while pregnant. So, I called my aunt who is a midwife and she sent me some amazing prenatal! My sickness slowly tapered off and I've felt great! Smells never got to me, I was only tired after the kids got to bed, and I only threw up maybe 2 times due to gagging. It's been awesome! I  haven't had any weird cravings, but I always love spicy food, Chinese food, and Dylan's chicken sandwiches whenever I'm pregnant. Some of my favorite foods like avocados and olives have sounded disgusting. So, compared to my boys, there hasn't been too much of a difference but being easier! I craved sugar like crazy with my boys, and too much sugar now makes me sick. I'm thankful for that! I haven't gained as much as before and I'm hoping it stays that way!
Baby girl had her first shopping spree a couple of days after we found out it's a girl. She already has 2 bathing suits for next summer!
The boys are so excited for baby sister to arrive! They talk to her in my belly and always ask about her. Brody has been convinced it's a girl since I told them we were having a baby. Gavin would get mad and say "no! it's a brother!" When he found out it's a girl, he didn't care one bit - I thought he'd have an opinion, but I really think he was just trying to be a stinker and disagree with his brother! He likes to cause a fuss sometimes!! :)
After we found out, Brody said "I was right!". We had been talking about how they need to be happy either way and all we want is a healthy baby. They are so sweet to me and the baby. I know they will  be amazing helpers and big brothers! We're all so excited!

No comments: