Wednesday, May 7, 2008

"I hate Derek Fisher"

Is all I've been hearing for the last hour. So, I decided to post a little about what's been going on. It's 11:00 PM and Bobby and I are sitting in bed, watching the Jazz game. I'm not THAT into it. I check the score every once in a while, but I mainly just keep telling Bobby to shhh... Brody's asleep and I don't want him to wake the little guy up! Anyway, what we've been up to...


1. My Mom had her last day of school on April 18 (I'm pretty sure that was the date!) Way to go MOM! You're a DENTIST! Yes, I agree, that deserves a post of it's OWN. I will do one as soon as we get back from her graduation in Las Vegas.

(The three of us... Me, Mom, and Dad) I was her board Exam patient!

2. My parents moved up here from LV! YAY! I'm so so so excited to finally have them close to us! We have been looking for a house for them since Brody was born and-


3. We found one!! We went out on Saturday to look at homes. And, as their REALTOR, I'm happy to announce that we are Under Contract! Congratulations!! Now, they will only be 2 minutes away from us! Happy day!


4. We went to Costco tonight- I bought some Tomato plants (first ones EVER) hopefully I don't kill the poor things! And, I bought some lovely flowers to plant in my dull yard! Ok, it's not totally dull, but there isn't much color. (Green everything, anyone?!) So, while we were leaving Costco-


5. Brody tripped and totally face-planted on the concrete in the store. I never noticed they had cement throughout the entire place until tonight. How dumb- Costco! I felt sooo bad. My poor little baby cried like I had never heard him cry before and it was the worst thump sound ever. I thought he had broken something... i.e. a cheek bone, eye bone... so, since I didn't have the number to our kids care, we decided to take him in since we were right down the street. He had fallen asleep in the car, so I carried him in and the whole right side of his face was red and a little swollen around the eye. :( I hate seeing him get hurt. It's the worst. Well, the Dr came in and checked him. She mainly checked to make sure he didn't get any type of head or brain injury- which I was sure he didn't. But, she confirmed that! She said he was fine, and he would probably get a black eye and it would heal within the next week! Yay! I'm so glad he is ok. I love him to pieces!


6. The Jazz just lost. :( 107-116 18 seconds left. Better luck next time!


7. Oh, and, David Archuletta (Sp?) is SAFE!!! Wahoo!

3 comments:

Erin Spenc said...

I love it! That was such a neat post! :)

Maria said...

Your mom went back to school and became a Dentist!?! That is awesome! Good for her. I'm sure that wasn't easy on anyone. What does your dad do? Anyway, glad to hear you found them a house so you can see them now and Brody can see them too. Glad to hear Brody's ok. That is SO scary. Oh and I TOTALLY empathize with the whole screaming at the T.V. at 11:00pm. What is up with that?

Brandi Lyn said...

Isn't is amazing having your parents close?! And WAY TO GO for your mom, that is so wonderful that she graduataed!