I am writing this ONLY to have it as a reminder to me later on. Last night, Nov. 4, 2008. Barack (sp?) Obama was made President of the United States. I AM IN SHOCK- well, not really, because I knew it was a possibility, but still, I am just overwhelmed with the emotions going on right now. I couldn't sleep last night- mainly because my two sweet boys were in my bed coughing away- I'm pregnant and can't sleep well anyway- but also because I kept thinking of this ridiculous outcome. After Obama was declared the winner, they showed on the TV all of his little supporters doing their victory rally. Did anyone else notice that EVERY SINGLE PERSON WAS BLACK? My goodness! No wonder he won. People didn't vote for him because he will be a good leader, but because of his COLOR, I'm sure. What a STUPID reason! oh! And, because Oprah has such an influence over all of her followers. Ugh! I AM NOT RACIST- I have NO problem with black people- I'm from Las Vegas for heaven's sake and one of my BFF's was black (well, she called herself brown, but still!). The point is that I am not looking forward to having him as Pres. BTW- I will NEVER call him P. Obama, he does NOT deserve that! I am sick over the whole thing. This morning, I turned on the news, and heard President Bush (such a cute little man!) give a speech. Honestly, he looked extremely disappointed. And, the only things he talked about were the basics. He never once came across as being pleased, happy, or hopeful about our future with Obama in the WHITE house. I am scared for our country. Keep it in your prayers!
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
Ok so you are so funny, I totally noticed too that everyone they showed in the crowd was black! Seriously they would find crowds of people with only one black person in it and show them, it was kinda funny. But even still on the today show they have just been going on and on about it. Get over it! We will have to talk about it later. But also about the whole pregnant thing and not sleeping, I know what you mean. Last week Eli was sick so I brought him in bed with me, here he was rolling around, Brett snoring and baby kicking me constantly, the things we do!!
Post a Comment