On Sunday, March 15, our Stake had a special conference with Elder Dallin H. Oaks (A member of the Quorum of the 12 apostles). Bobby got to our stake center about 1 1/2 hours early to get a seat. They asked that nobody save seats, but what's one seat for his pregnant wife?- no big deal!! I got there about 15 minutes before it started and saw Bobby sitting in the 4Th row back. We were so close to Elder Oaks and I just kept watching him the whole time. What a sweet man. The spirit was so strong in the meeting, and the room was almost completely silent... my mom was watching Brody for us! :) Elder Oaks has a great sense of humor and was very easy to listen to. He truly is a man of God and my testimony of that was strengthened that day. Bobby got to shake his hand while he was waiting for me to arrive, so I went up and shook his hand after the meeting. He looked at me with sincere eyes, and said "HI!". Normally, if someone had been shaking hands all day, you would feel like you were just one more person to them. I really felt his sincerity and kindness. He was so sweet! I'm so thankful I got to meet and listen to him that day!
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
Erica,
It's Niki, I'm in town for my bro's mission farewell and I'm holding a Modbe boutique while I'm here. I sent you an evite but it shows you haven't opened it. I know your prego, but I would love to see you if you could make it. Kate is probably going so you should call her. Anyways, I hope your feeling well.
Post a Comment