Brody absolutely LOVES when Bobby walks in from work. I start telling him that "daddy is on his way home" as soon as Bobby calls and says that he's left the office. Lately, if the weather is nice enough, we go wait out on the driveway until he gets home. The other day, I told Brody that daddy was on his way home and we would eat dinner as soon as he got home. So, about 5 minutes before Bobby would be walking in, I said "guess who's almost home?!" (I was cutting veggies) Brody then opened the dishwasher (clean dishes, thank goodness!) and grabbed a plate, put it where I sit at the table then went back to the dishwasher while saying "dadda, dadda" over and over. He grabbed another plate and put it in Bobby's spot on the table, then grabbed one of his (Brody's) little plates and put it right in his spot. It was so darn cute! He knew that when Bobby got home we would eat, so he decided to set the table! Bobby walked in soon after and Brody made him sit down in his seat then he got in his seat. He sure was ready to eat, and glad to have his Daddy home!! (Bobby LOVED hearing that he set the table by himself. He kept saying "so, you didn't tell him to set it?", "he opened the dishwasher by himself and got everything out?"... he sure was proud of his boy!)
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
How cute! It's nice that you're so excited for Bobby to come home, that makes Brody excited!
Brody is too funny! That's my favorite time of day when Nate comes home. Your post below..Im glad he is going to bed early for you two! I am so lucky, Kaiden lays down at 8:30 with his sippy cup and I leave and he just goes right to sleep till 9:30-10:00. I need my sleep so I think that's why I had to have him a good sleeper!
Post a Comment