Brody has been going to bed around 8:00 most nights. It's been really nice having him on a routine schedule... FINALLY! (We should have started it sooner!) We started doing a certain routine which has helped him know that it's BEDTIME. He has since been sleeping thru the night (for the most part). We get him in PJ's while he watches Buddha (Mickey Mouse) in our room. As soon as he's dressed and ready for bed we take him into his room, give him his bottle, and I lay down next to him (He always has his bottle in his left hand and his right hand under my neck... he loves to cuddle)! Bobby sits next to us on the floor and we say a prayer. After our prayer we sing three songs... "Jesus said love everyone", "I have a family here on earth", and "I am a child of God" In Spanish- "Soy un Ijo de Dios" (sp?!). Well, last night immediately after our prayer, Brody started to sing "Jesus said love everyone". We were both pretty shocked to hear him start "Jesus" before we did. He sang the whole first half of the song with us and then went right back to drinking his bottle.
"Jesus said love everyone, treat them kindly too" (part Brody sang)
"when your heart is filled with love, others will love you"
I am so proud of my little boy! He is learning so much everyday and always surprises us with new things he can do.
Yesterday, he said his first prayer by copying everything I would say. We sure do love this sweet little guy!
Saturday, February 28, 2009
Brody's Bedtime
Posted by
Bobby
at
9:19 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
I am so proud of you two as parents,and jealous. I just got Brock to sleep in his own bed.
YOU GUYS ROCK!! good job.
What a sweetheart to sing that song by himself.
Post a Comment