Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Apple Cider Vinegar?

I have been having REALLY BAD heartburn with this little guy. I got it for the first time in my life while pregnant with Brody... the discomfort more in my chest. This time around, I get it all the way up into my throat and ears, and it KILLS!! It seriously feels like pins poking me inside. I was told to try 1 Tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar mixed in 1 cup of water and to sip on it during the day. I usually just chug the whole thing at once! It's gross, but what else can you do? The antacids aren't doing as good of a job as they use to. SAD! So, the other night I was in need of my mixture- (I usually only do it when I'm desperate... but, luckily, it makes my heartburn better for a few days! Seriously, if you're pregnant, or get bad heartburn... I suggest trying this. It works!) I went downstairs before going to bed and saw my half full water bottle on the counter. I decided to just pour some Cider in it and drink it that way. I brought it upstairs with me but didn't finish it...

The next night, we were putting Brody to bed and I took him in his room. Bobby got Brody's bottle (that he had already had half of) and filled it with water to give him more to drink. I laid down next to Brody, gave him his bottle and he put it to his mouth. I then heard him say "ooh, hot!" I didn't think much of it, but then he put it to his mouth again, took it out and shook his head. Once more, he did the same thing! Every so often his bottle will get too many bubbles at the top so he just gets some air. I thought this was the problem, so I put it in my mouth to get rid of the bubbles, but tasted something NASTY! I asked Bobby where he got the bottle? I thought it was an old one he may have found somewhere? (Not that I leave nasty milk bottles around- but it was a possibility!) So, Bobby told me that it was the bottle Brody was drinking on our bed. I decided to open the bottle and smell it- there was no way I was going to taste it again. It was seriously sour! It even smelled sour! I got off of Brody's bed to try and find his "good bottle". (I'm sorry I didn't completely believe you, honey!!!) Bobby kept telling me it was the one he was already drinking. Then all of a sudden, while I was looking around our room, I asked... "what water did you put in here?" He pointed to my now empty water bottle. He immediately said "oh crap!". We laughed so hard! He had put the rest of my apple cider vinegar water in Brody's bottle! It was so funny to realize what had happened! I was just glad that Brody (and I) hadn't been drinking rotten milk!

1 comment:

Amy said...

I totally know how you feel. I got heart burn also and I felt it in my throat and ears. It is miserable. I'm so glad to know about the vinegar water for the next time around.