Friday, February 8, 2008

Like I Promised-

Here is a post about President Hinckley's viewing. Bobby told me to leave the house at about 3:30, then changed it to 4:00. Which was fine, since I'm always LATE! Well, I left the house at 4 and headed down to SLC. This is the line I saw while I was driving around trying to find a parking spot.



I know, it doesn't look like much, but I took the picture while at a stop light, and you can only see about 1/5 of the people. (Some lines were wrapped around the building.) I finally found a spot, and waited for Bobby to meet up with me. He came from work. (Let me remind you that this viewing was Thursday Jan 31 and Friday Feb. 1 from 9 am to 7 pm. We, along with everyone else, went on Friday.) Once we met up with eachother we walked across the street and tried to find the end of the line... one of 4 lines? There were so many! It was absolute chaos, but all worth it! We ended up finding the end of a line, and stood there, OUTSIDE, for 3 hours. No joke! We got there about 5:00 and didn't get seated inside until 8. (We did trade off taking Brody into a little warm room, so we were able to defrost a little!) Once we were inside, we sat in the Conference Center until 10:oo. We stood in a quicker line, and silently went upstairs to the "Hall of the Prophets". This was the feeling we had waited for, the moment that made the cold air, long lines, and hungry bellies, all WORTH IT! We went by President Hinckley, with music playing, and the spirit so strong. It was amazing. I am so glad I had the opportunity to see something like this. I will never forget the feeling that was in that room, and the wonderful man that he was. As I was listening to the music, I imagined that it sounded very similar in Heaven the day that he passed away. We left the Conference Center and tried to find a place to get some well needed dinner. We had stopped at a few of our "routine" places, but they were all closed. (It was 11:00) Finally, we saw some life at Applebee's and tried it. YAY! They were open! And, it was delicious! What a fun, memorable night!
My two cute boys!

The Lines
Warm, sungly baby! Oooh- I just love him!!
Flag raised half way.
Another flag and the Temple!

3 comments:

~Paige~ said...

This is too funny...so I know Ju cause she was best friends with my sister Elysia. I was looking at all her family blogs trying to figure out her married last name and I came across this blog. Then I noticed...that little boy is so cute and then I looked at the name and noticed that it was the cute little family from church that was in class with us! I didnt know that it was Ju's brother, we're the Drakes from your ward with the 18 pound chunk of love. I just thought it was funny that I came across your blog the day after I met you guys! Your boy is so cute, love the teeth marks :)

Brandi Lyn said...

What beautiful pictures Erica! Thank you so much for sharing. What a special experience for your family. And that little Brody is an absolute DOLL BABY!! Oh he's adorable!!

Ashlee said...

I'm glad you found our blog! We should get together sometime. I'm still up for taking the boys on a walk...but we might have to wait a few months for that! We'll have to find something to do before then! Talk to you soon!