Friday, August 1, 2008

"MARNI"


...That's what Brody called our sweet little "pup-pup"...and that's what I called him. His real name is Marti! My Parents Dog, Marti, passed away last night. He had a heart condition that came on pretty suddenly and he was gone within just a few months of finding out about it. He was such a good dog- he was a Doberman (sp?) but he was the BEST pup ever! He was 5 years old. His dad passed away from the same thing when he was 7 which is very early for these dogs. "Marni" as Brody would say, was SOOO good with him. Brody loved him! I'm so glad that we were able to have him around these last few months so that Brody could get use to dogs. I don't want him to be afraid of them- but I also don't want him to TRUST ANY dog he comes in contact with. We will miss you "Marni"! We love you! (We told Brody that Marni is with Jesus and afterwards he kept saying.. "Jesus" So sweet). Now, I just need to talk my parents into getting another dog- because WE'RE not ready for our own!! :)

One of my FAVORITE pics! Brody squatting down (with a phone in his hand), looking at Marni!


Such a GOOD Pup-Pup!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I am sorry about Marni. I am not much of a dog person but I was really sad when both of my parent's dogs died.

Jamie said...

I'm so sorry - I know how you feel. Cory's parents' dog Sadie just passed away last week. She was the sweetest, happiest dog. It was really hard for all of us.