CRY.
Watching the news for the past week has been so disturbing to me. We turn on the TV and the top story is about the Protesters at the LDS Temples. It breaks my heart to see anyone doing such hateful things on the Temple grounds, let alone, directed at the church. They have no idea how sacred of a place it really is.
While everyone is talking about Obama being President and how "wonderful this historic moment is" I do realize that it is historic ONLY for the fact that he is the FIRST BLACK President. I think the most historic (if you want to call it that) thing is what has been going on with the Protesters. I know that my kids will be learning about the First Black President in school, and they will probably come home and have to ask me and Bobby what we were doing when we found out about the First B.P. All I will say is: "We were sad, scared, and went to bed before we even listened to his acceptance speech." I will then go on to say, "The thing I remember most about the elections of 2008 is all of the hate shown to our Church. Protesters stood outside of the gates of the Salt Lake and Los Angeles Temples for days (possibly weeks) with signs saying things like "Shame on YOU" "When do I get a say in YOUR marriage?" and "Protect my marriage, Ban Mormons". It is times like this when I realize how close the second coming really is. We are definitely living in the last days.
I have seen many articles written on this Prop. 8 subject, saying things such as: "Mormons make up less than 2 % of California" and "Baptists, Catholics, Jews, and OTHER religions supported the passing of Proposition 8." Satan sure can get a toll on people. I think it is very interesting to see this happening in my own State. 20 minutes away, to be exact. I can't believe that the LA Temple had guards surrounding the grounds all night. And another thing... someone sent a package of white powder to both Temples, yesterday. Leave it alone people!
Here are some pictures I found online:


Another interesting note: I spoke to a friend of mine who lives in LA and she said that she "didn't like the fact that people voted for Obama JUST because it was the COOL thing to do, it was like a trend. No one even knew what he REALLY stood for, just the fact that he was black and new." She also said that she received a text from a friend that day that said "if you believe in rights, meet at the LA LDS Temple at 2 this afternoon" All I could say was "THANK YOU for not going!" Love you K!
If you would like to know more about our Faith and Beliefs, click here.





6 comments:
Though the protesters are disturbing at best...I bet they are creating a very busy schedule for the missionaries! People will want to know how and why and what we believe...even a few people finding the truth...will be worth the protesters trying to tell the world how wrong we are....but really it will just help those find the truth that are seeking.....
sad that they can't be respectful...but in the end, the only thing that matters is what the Lord thinks of us...not them.
I know, I can't believe all of this crap that has been going on. I read an article in the LA Times a day after election day and it stated that 7 out of 10 blacks and over half of Hispanics voted yes on 8, many of which supported Obama . If Obama would not have ran, Prop 8 probably would not have passed. I try to look at it as maybe being a blessing in disguise. It is really scary to think that it was so close to not passing. If they were attacking any other church or group it would be looked at as a hate crime, but for some reason people are looking the other way. It makes me realize what we are going to be faced with in the near future and that I need to do everything I can to protect my little family. All I can say is that I am so grateful for the gospel!
And CONGRATS on the new little boy! YAY!
It truly is scary here in LA. I'm hoping that these protesters will just lose steam and stop!
The protests are especially hurtful to me, my parents were married in the Los Angeles Temple. I've never been to it, but it's where my family began!
Ditto to your comments. It's all just disturbing, disrespectful and hateful. Amazing how the negativity feeds and grows with each person involved. Makes it all the more important to stand strong in the Gospel.
Post a Comment