Tuesday, May 12, 2009

2 weeks old (Monday, May 11)



Pictures I took - 6 days old

These past 2 weeks have flown by. I know 2 weeks isn't that long, but it feels like Gavin's been with us forever! He is such a good baby! He just chills all day long and sleeps well at night. He only gets up twice and goes right back to sleep after I feed him. 2 kids hasn't been as bad as I expected. It's actually quite easy- of course, Gavin just sleeps most of the day, but at least I have time to adjust before he becomes more active! Brody has enjoyed having his "baby brother" around! He wakes up and immediately starts asking for "baby brother". He loves to kiss his head and "hold it"... he will look at Gavin and say to me, "hold it!". I don't know where he got "it" from, but oh-well! He will also get right in Gavin's face and just laugh whenever he (Gavin) looks at him. He gets a kick out of him when he's awake. They are so cute! I love my sweet boys!

Tuesday, I took Gavin to his 2 week appointment. Here are his stats:

-Head: 16 cm (I think... I'll have to double check on the paper) But, the Dr said his head was 25th %.

- Length: 20 1/4 inches (was 18 1/2 at birth) 50th%


- Weight: 8 lbs 8 oz (was 7 lbs 9 oz at birth and 6 lbs 13 oz when we left the hospital) 50th%


The Dr says he is doing great and was amazed at how much he has gained in only 2 weeks. He came in, looked at his chart and asked how much he weighed at birth. I told him, and he said "wow! we only expect babies to be back up to their birth weight by 2 weeks... he's added on another pound!" Gavin also has quite a bit of what the Dr called "breast tissue". It's little lumps under his nipples that will go away in the next couple of months. It comes from all of the hormones he is getting from me and my milk. The Dr said this was good and he is obviously getting some good milk! That made me very happy! After our appointment, I had to take him to the lab to get his heel pricked for his PKU- he didn't even cry!


Gavin's umbilical cord fell off on Saturday, May 9. I dreamed it fell off, and then that morning it was gone. It had been bleeding a little the day before, so I was a little/lot paranoid of it... hence the dream!

This is the kind of picture we've been seeing a lot of lately! Brody gets ahold of the camera and goes wild! (His fingers are always in front of the lens!)

Gavin in the sling at the park- 4 days old (that binky looks HUGE! We got some "Soothie's" that are shaped like his mouth now, so they don't look so bad!)

Daddy showing Brody how to throw pine cones at the porta-potty



Playing at the park with Daddy



Daddy and Brody playing outside... Brody is always on the move!




Gavin in the outfit we brought Brody home in

Brody being silly with his beans

Gavin thinks we're too loud :)

Gavin's first bath... Brody is such a good big brother!

2 comments:

BECKY said...

Oh my gosh! He is so stinkin' cute. I can't believe that I've been sick and not able to see him again!! I'm better now so maybe next week. Talk to you soon!

Brandon and Diedre Sloan said...

Cute cute!! I love all of these pictures. Looks like a lot of fun with the McGuires. Brody is such a big ball of energy it must be so much fun to be around him. Miss you guys!!