Thursday, February 5, 2009

Disneyland Vacation 2009!

On Wednesday, January 14, we got up early and headed to the airport. We had a flight at 7 AM! That sure makes for a long day- especially with a little one. But, I enjoy traveling early in the day! I love to see the sunrise while leaving on vacation! It's always exciting! Bobby's Mom dropped us off at the airport that morning on her way to work (Thank you Diana!). It was very cold and windy that day... so we just booked it inside and then got all of our luggage situated! We went for 4 days and 3 nights- and had a blast!


Brody on the airplane. Luckily, the flight to Long Beach wasn't full, so we had a whole row of seats to ourselves! Brody loved playing with the seat belt... he loves little gadgets!
Still playing!


When we got to Long Beach, we were picked up by my BFF (since Jr. High) Karli. She lives out in LA/Hollywood area, and was more than happy to drive us around that day! (Thanks Kar!). We don't get to see each other very often, so it's always nice to take advantage of those CA vacations! The airport in LB is VERY small, when we went to get our luggage, it was just sitting there waiting for us- apparently we weren't fast enough! (which doesn't make much sense, since it was probably 50 steps from the airplane! JK- we had to stop for a bathroom break... which BTW- Brody cried the whole time Bobby was in the bathroom, and was completely happy the whole time I was gone. He sure loves his daddy!)
Karli found us at the luggage pick-up area and we headed to Target to find some shorts for me. Being pregnant in the winter= no maternity summer clothes. :( So, all we could find at Target were some regular shorts which I just bought in a bigger size. They didn't end up working and were returned when we got back home to Utah. After our Target run (which also included the purchase of Soda and Water-of course) we got to our hotel. We got checked in, took up our luggage and headed straight to Disneyland! (We went to Disneyland and California adventure for 3 days!) We were there until the end of the day, and Brody loved it! The first day was quite shocking to him- it was hilarious! He was looking at everything trying to figure out what the heck we were doing! HA! By the end of the trip he loved it, and was completely into all of the characters and rides. After Disneyland each day, we would walk to Downtown Disney and get some dinner. The first night we went to Rain forest Cafe- it was fun! Brody liked all of the animals and fish.

We stayed at the Anaheim Marriott, which was very nice! We actually stayed the exact nights of the NAMM convention. ( A big Music convention that was going on at the Convention Center across the street. So, we ended up coming home each night to TONS of people in the lobby of our hotel playing music- it was pretty fun! There were some famous people there, but we only heard of who it was, we never saw anyone. Not that I would even recognize the bass guitar player from Journey (or something?!) That's not Randy Jackson, is it?


Our FIRST day at Disneyland!


Our first and last attempt at putting the harness on Brody. HA! I couldn't stop laughing- It looked like Bobby was walking a little puppy! Brody didn't mind, until he fell off the curb with it on. Ouch! We got rid of it after about 2 minutes- but luckily he stayed right with us and it wasn't too busy so we never felt like he would get lost in a crowd if he let go.

Minnie, Mommy, and Brody! He LOVED all of the characters- which kinda shocked us, because he absolutely HATED Santa! (Playhouse Disney pays off!)



Uh- Oh! We got put in jail! (On our wedding video both me and Bobby had a picture like this while growing up!) It's a classic and I'll make sure to keep it a tradition!
Driving the firetruck!

At Mickey's house... sadly, my camera battery died right in the living room, so we said we'd go back, and totally forgot! This is the only picture I got at his house.

Mickey ("Budah"), Mommy, Brody, Dadda, Pluto! (I need to explain the whole "Budah" thing... Brody has said it since he was about 1. The only thing we can think of is that he was trying to say Meeska, MUSKA, Mickey Mouse, which is what they say at the beginning of the show. MUSKA is the closest thing we can come up with, so there it is... he has called Mickey "Budah'' for a year now.)

Walt Disney and Mickey Statue
Bobby and Brody posing like the Statue!

"Partners" (SO CUTE!)
The Family

Dumbo- the one we rode on

On Dumbo

Buzz Lightyear ride- VERY fun! Brody loved it!

"BUZZ"!!!

On the Nemo Submarine

Whenever Brody would fall asleep for his nap we would go around to all of the rides that Brody and I couldn't go on and let Bobby go. I would sit with Brody and wait for Bobby. It worked out perfectly! He had fun!

Woody!

Daddy, Baby, and Budah!

Baby Boy wearing his cool 3D glasses!

Mommy and Brody on the Carousel

Playhouse Disney Live on Stage- very cute! Brody loved it! (All of his favorite shows... Mickey Mouse, Little Einsteins, Handy Manny, and pooh.)

Mommy and Brody in 3D glasses- Muppets 3D

Daddy, Brody, and Lightning! HE LOVED IT!

Waiting for Playhouse Disney to start. Look at those curls!! (Gets them from his Mommy!)

The Family with CARS- Mater and Lightning. One of his all time favorite movies!

He stole my Churro! I was willing to share, but he wouldn't give it back! He loves those things. Disneyland tradition... Churro, Pickle, and Frozen banana. My faves!

Still eating his churro, and he covered himself in stickers while waiting for the Disney Pixar Parade. We saw it 2 nights in a row- so cute!

Getting ready to run to daddy-one of his favorite things to do!

Running... while waiting for the parade.

Waiting! (We didn't mind... it was nice to just relax!) He's holding his Buzz Lightyear lazer- he would shoot it at the Toy Story Aliens when they came by. :)

Lightning McQueen in the parade!

VROOOM! (My dream car!) :)

No- maybe Mater is my dream car!

Guess where we were? ESPN Zone. Daddy and Brody watching sports- their bonding time! Brody really enjoys watching sports with his daddy. We walked up to ESPN zone and were wondering if we should eat there or somewhere else... I started to walk closer to the doors while holding Brody, and all of a sudden, he screamed at me. I had no clue what he was looking at until he said "basketball". I looked at Bobby confused and saw him watching the big screen out front. Brody got mad at me because he couldn't see the game anymore. He is so funny!!
Waiting for our shuttle. He loved riding on the "bus", we even bought him a 2009 Disney bus!

On the bus with mom, going for a "ride"... he really did like it, I didn't realize he made that face until seeing this picture! He must have been wanting me to let go of him!

The Family with Vacation Mickey!

Vacation Minnie, Brody, Mommy

Bugs Life 3D glasses! (Bobby and I have a picture just like this that was taken a few months after we got married. I'll have to find it!)

Talking Mr. Potato Head- he was hilarious!

Getting ready to take a nap! Feet up and all!

Sleepy boy. First visit pin.

Buzz! (Brody with his Lazer!)

The Family with Buzz! (Still holding his lazer up!)

He loved seeing Buzz

"Chester Drawers" (We took this picture because Bobby's mom laughs that people call it "Chester Drawers"- it's really "chest of drawers"??)

Yes, that is ME and Brody in his stroller. I was desperate to sit!

Donald playing with the band

Mickey with the band

Relaxing by Nemo

CUTE!

Karli came to pick us up and we hung out for the day before having to get to the airport. We went to lunch at Fashion Island, then headed to Huntington Beach. It was a lot of fun! Here we are in the Hotel room waiting for Brody to wake up- still as goofy as ever! (Isn't our height difference hilarious!? I haven't grown an inch since High School!

Me and Kar

Brody sleeping

At lunch

On the Carousel at Fashion Island, I love his face in this picture- it looks like he's doing a parade wave!

25 weeks at the beach!

My boys!

The Family!

Love this picture!


After the Beach, we headed to the airport and were picked up by my Mom (Thanks mom!). We got back to the cold weather :( I loved the CA weather- it was mid 80's the whole time we were there, very nice! We'll be back soon! :) It was a WONDERFUL vacation!

7 comments:

Nick.Hailey.Kohlson.Beckett said...

You should have hit me up for some summer maternity clothes! Hello! Looks like you guys had fun. We are trying to plan a trip this summer to Disneyland. Yeah!

Sarah said...

Oh, I am sooooooo jealous of you guys! I used to go to Disneyland every year with my fam until I got married. Jake has NEVER been and I keep telling him we totally need to go! You look so good and I can't believe your little one will be here soon.

Kohler said...

I'm so glad you put up all these pictures. We're going to Disney World in May and I'm bribing Braden to get him potty trained before we can go to Mickey Mouse's house. Your pics are really helping!

Cheerfully Charmed said...

So that's where you have been? Disneyland!!! I'm super jealous! You have so many pictures and I love look at pictures on blogs so thanks!

And you are the cutest cutest prego girl ever! I saw you at church today from a distance and I thought to myself, "DANG that girl is cute!"

And Brody had grown so much lately! :)

Niki McDowell said...

Sounds like you had a great time. If I would of known I would have taken my kiddos to Disney that day so I could say hi. We have season passes, it would have been fun to see you guys. Thats nice you got that in though before the next little guy comes. Let me know next time you guys are in town!

BECKY said...

Sounds like you guys had a blast! Jason loves looking at these pictures! Hope all is well.

Jen Duke said...

I am so jealous! It looks like you had a blast! Austin's never been and we want to go..some day. And oh my goodness- you are the cutest family.