Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Sad Baby

It started Sunday evening. We had just gotten home from cousin Peter's baby blessing, which was wonderful! I got Brody out of his car seat and he began to cry. I tried everything to get him to be happy, but nothing worked. He finally settled down, and was fine for the rest of the night. The next evening, the same thing happened, crying, crying, crying. Bobby and I both tried to calm him down, but again, nothing worked. He woke up every hour that night- (I know, he didn't sleep thru the night, but he doesn't feel good- note: my blog about a good night's sleep!!) Poor little guy! Anyway, I ended up calling his Doctor yesterday morning, and they wanted me to take him in to get checked for a possible ear infection. The Dr had to clean out his ears in order to see inside (his ear canals are little). - I do clean his ears, just not inside- She cleaned out his right ear, and got out some normal ear wax, but when she cleaned out his left ear she got some wet, white, smelly ear wax. She said that it looked like a perferated ear drum (ruptured). How sad. He hated being at the dr. She gave me a prescripton for him. He's doing much better today, and only woke up a few times during the night. The nurse said the pressure is now gone, so the pain isn't too bad anymore. That's wonderful!! His medicine was all over his face - Silly, silly boy!

No comments: